Phillip Keller, veteran math teacher and SAT tutor, and author of the fabulous The New Math SAT Game Plan: The Strategic Way to Score Higher, has created a great video Going It Alone: Math SAT Prep Without a Tutor or a Course.
- What do you need to accomplish?
- What resources will help you do that?
- How do you proceed?
Some of his top tips:
- Work with the The Official SAT Study Guide, 2nd edition
- Go slowly
- Trial and Error – Play with the numbers in the problem
- Backdoor play – Make up numbers for the variables in the problem
- Google to find solutions to BB questions or search College Confidential
- You must analyze your work
Want weekly test tips and strategies?
Subscribe to get my latest content by email.